Mini Portfolio


Hi! My name is Josh Santiago, I'm a second year animation student at SJSU! These are some of my pieces that I've done over the course of the last year.


This is a still life I painted in gouache from ANI 14, the beginning painting class.

And this is one of my figure drawing pages from ANI 55, the figure drawing class.


I don't actually have any animations YET, but I did make this Gurren Lagann AMV over the summer, as an "exercise" in "timing" and "video editing in adobe premiere." (this is the only video that I could claim as my own "work" but I'm enrolled in ani 28 now so hopefully I can do something to replace this soon!)




    As I said before, I'm a second year animation student here at SJSU. I love the concept of narrative and character development, and I'm working toward being a story artist after college. For a long time last year I thought that meant my singular goal was to be a storyboard artist at a major production studio, but I recently got back into comics (of all varieties, including webcomics such as Lighter than Heir, traditional monthly syndicated comic books, like DC's currently ongoing Super Sons series, and even independent stuff like Tyson Hesse's Diesel) and have been exploring options in that area? But honestly I'm still feeling my way around the concept of being a professional artist, and want to keep my options open.

 The majority of my college experience has actually been animation/illustration classes, with a few GEs sprinkled in. Currently I'm enrolled in ANI 12, 28 and 112b, but this class will actually be my first science class for college? I'm really excited to learn and get better, both in art and as a student!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Script, Boards, and Reference for Basic Animation